Seek peace and pursue it earnestly
How can we in the Church, as ones who once walked in darkness, have that light and peace amongst us?
We have been chosen to be a part of the ministry of reconciliation; blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God.
Peace in Greek= eiréne; Strong’s 1515
6 Ways to Gleam and Glow in the Peace of God from John 20
- Recognize that grace produces peace.
(John 20:19; 2 Peter 1:2; James 3:14)
- Continually sew peace. (Galatians 5:13; Romans 14:15-)
Love your neighbour as yourself
- We have a ministry of reconciliation. (John 20:21; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Matthew 10:24)
- Peace requires war with sin. (John 20:22; 2 Corinthians 10:3; Isaiah 59:8; Psalm 119:165; Luke 12:21)
We have the power to make judgments to deal with sin in the church. When you love the law of God, you will have great peace.
- Faith produces peace. (John 20:27; Revelation 21:8)
- We need to make our spiritual peace offering. (John ; Leviticus 7:28-34; Philippians 4:6-7)
Daily peace offerings to God; dependance on the affection (breasts) and strength (thighs) of Jesus— (Leviticus 7:28-34)
Have no anxiety about anything; pray and give thanks!
Through grace we receive the words of life to enact peace in our lives because Jesus has made us at one with God, the Father.
We must keep sewing the fruits of the spirit.
2 Corinthians 13:11
Rejoice, be perfected, be comforted; be of the same mind; be in peace and the God of love and peace will be in you.