The Church of God believes that God is building a family and made us in His image and likeness (Gen 1: 26-27) as a part of that family. Beginning with the immediate household, the CGI Toronto Family Ministry’s purpose is to strengthen family members to lead more Spirit led lives committed to the work of God. This principle is then applied to the greater community of faith.
In the household of faith, God has instructed:
- that we do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith (Gal 6:10)
- that husbands love and wives respect their partners (Eph 5:33)
- that parents teach their children to love God (Deut. 6: 4-9; Joshua 24:15).
The CGI Toronto Family Ministry’s aim is to support the members of the congregation to build a community of believers, beginning with each household. The Family Ministry seeks to strengthen, inspire and bring healing to the household of faith through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. We also aim to help families prepare today for the soon coming Kingdom of God through working with persons in the church, and thereby impacting the church as the wider family of God and community of believers.
In our post modern world where the traditional family is challenged on every side, the Christian family dynamic involves the development of strong Godly relationships between husbands and wives, parents and children, the married and the unmarried, and the old and the young. The Family Ministry is supportive of members with non CGI attending spouses and other family members and encourages them to participate in all programs offered by the Family Ministry.
The Family Ministry programs include:
- Seminars and Retreat
- Premarital Guidance: Why Wait? Series
- Marriage seminars to share how to prepare for and strengthen
- Marriage Retreat (for couples only)
- Parent Education: Practical Skills for imparting religious instruction to Hospitality in the family of God (continuing series )
- Financial Management (continuing series )
- Annual family dinner
- Family dance
- Family Camp out weekends
These programs and activities are carried out in collaboration with the other ministries in the church. We are always in need of volunteers who share our vision and would like to contribute in this vital ministry.