2 Corinthians 10:3-6
What does it mean to be filled with the Spirit of God?
- controls how you act, think, what you do
- surrendering our will to God’s will
- letting the Word dominate our thoughts and what we do
3 Strategies to be Led by the Holy Spirit
- Fill our minds with God’s Word:
- Joshua 1:8
- How much time do we spend in the Word of God compared with watching television?
- How much time do we spend worrying about or problems when we could use that time to pray?
- How much extra time do we spend on work-related activities or pursuing our personal interests?
It’s not about quantity of time; it’s about priorities: “Six days shalt thou labour…”
- We Need to Walk By the Spirit (To Practice the Word)
- James 1:22
- Galatians 5:16-20
- We must walk in the Spirit
Be careful not to confuse your selfish desires with being “led by the Spirit”. Rather, have a desire to hear and readiness to obey God’s Word so you can discern between your feelings and God’s promptings. Too often we feel “led by the Spirit” but really we’re just seeking after our own personal desires.
Colossians 3:5-14, 18-25
James 4:7-8: Humility Cures Worldliness
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
- We Need to Obey the Voice of the Spirit
- We can never make a sacrifice too great that we cannot follow where He leads.
- Ephesians 5:22-33
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.