We often wondered if we are ever good enough to come to Yeshua and give our lives to Him.
Sometimes we waver in our decisions to do so because we believe it is our own responsibility to make ourselves good enough to be accepted by Him.
“Maybe if I buy the perfect church clothes, shoes, get rid of sin in my life, rearrange my intimate life, type of work, type of activities, the way I behave, stop drinking, stop smoking, stop taking drugs, stop illicit sexual behaviours,’; and the list can last from west to east, north to south”.
First of all you cannot wake yourself in the morning, only He can do that. So he must have a great plan for you to succeed.
As an artist myself, I often look at a canvas, art paper, art tools, and say,
“I have great plans for you. Plans to make you beautiful, decorative, I can repair if you are broken. I can change the present art work on you and replace it with the best art work ever. I can correct any flaws on you. I can clean and prime you up in preparation for MY own design for you. I have great expectations for you, to be a great master piece, and I know you will make my life beautiful by decorating my life. You will decorate the lives of others. I have a special kind of masterpiece work in mind for YOU. No one will ever say to me and you that you are ugly, or they pay the price”.
He who touches/degrades you, touches the apple of my eye. And they will pay the price.
Yeshua said the same. Jeremiah 29: 11-14
- “ I alone knows the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope”.
Nothing there about making yourself good to accept Him or to be accepted by Him. Your decision to accept Him is not like going on a date with the opposite sex, meeting new friends, going on a job interview where first impression counts.
FIRST IMPRESSION DOES NOT APPLY HERE.
- Jeremiah 29: 12 “And you will call upon me and go and pray to me, and I will listen to you”.
Wow!! He really does have a plan for ME. He really wants to talk with me. I really want to know what plans. Obviously they are great plans, He said so.
He wants us to be curious about Him. He gave us enough preliminary evidence to stir our curiosity of Him. Then we can ask Him questions, search Him out, investigate Him, and He will help develop that curiosity in us toward Him to begin to perceive Him and His presence.
You begin to realize, “He’s not the bad guy people were saying. Why did I ever listen to them to stay away and not believe He will ever hear and answer my prayers when……….. . And come to think of it, He was answering my prayers all along. I remember when…….., how did I ever come out of that alive….”
So!! The only way to know what those plans are is to read His love letters – Torah – the Bible.
- Jeremiah 29:13 “And you will seek me and find me, when you search for me with all your heart”.
Awesome!! Do you mean that all I needed to do was to be curious about Him, read His love letters to understand His character?
Yes. He wants you to read all His love letters TORAH – BIBLE and you will start to see that He is not this bad person people were saying, nor does He wants to destroy us because we made mistakes.
Think of these letters as love letters/love emails/text, etc., from someone you really love and who loves you. You will want to read those letters over and over again every day. Every time you read those letters you understand more of that person and love that person more to spend the rest of your life with. He takes great joy in your growing curiosity of Him and will be happy to lead you to more and more information of Him.
“He really wants to be with me. Sure looks like He will do anything to make that happen. Think of it, HE DID! He was so desperate for me to be with Him that He sent His only son to die for me, so I can be with Him”.
- Jeremiah 29:14 “I will be found by you, says the Lord. I will bring you back from your captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord. And I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away”.
- He will make Himself be understood by you.
- Deliver you from whatever bad situation the enemy has you in.
- There is a reason why you are where you are at. You have a history He wants to teach me about.
- He wants to restore you, teach you about Him, and to reveal more intimate details to of himself.
- Bring you right back into His Inner Courts where you will be nurtured, loved, heal, educated, grow. He will reconstruct, rebuild, re-educate, and redecorate your life in Him to be His masterpiece. Give you new DNA.
- He wants to be the one to take care of you.
- He will bring people into your life to help you with your situations and help you to be free to be with Him.
HE WANTS TO TRUST YOU WITH HIS HEART. TRUST HIM WITH YOURS