The Bible says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God” (Philip 4:6).
Our purpose in the Prayer and Mercy Ministry is to pray for our congregational goals, our members and their welfare, as well as for the wider community of which we are a part. Prayer & Mercy Ministry seeks to provide a forum for individual and collective intercessory prayer and to strengthen and closely unify the saints in Christ through prayer. We also want to alleviate the physical and emotional needs of individuals (inside and outside of the church) through prayer and acts of mercy as we are moved by the holy spirit and enabled by God with resources to help meet such needs.
The Prayer Mercy ministry’s vision is for God to establish our congregation as “a House of Prayer for all nations” which provides Holy Spirit led support to our household and those neighbours whom he leads us to serve. (Isaiah 56:7. Matthew 21:13)
We receive and log all prayer requests and we visit individuals upon request to pray with them confidentially about any needs or concerns. We ensure members who are shut in or sick are visited, those who are disadvantaged in our midst are cared for, and extend services to others in our community as our resources permit.
The Prayer Ministry
- 1 Timothy 2:1-2 — “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.”
- Ac 12:12 — “And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered together praying.”
- Provide a forum for individuals to grow and develop in personal, corporate and intercessory prayer which will facilitate a right perspective in exercising the power of prayer in their own lives.
- Encourage the development of intercessors and dedicated prayer team leaders
- Encourage and facilitate personal and corporate prayer via weekly Prayer/Study on Skype, monthly prayer meeting at church and in home prayer meetings.
- Hold seminars/workshops on prayer to help members grow in their prayer life
The Mercy Ministry
Galatians 6:10 — “As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.”
- Provide care for our brethren in need through prayer, visits, cards, calls and support
- Provide visitation program to shut-ins and the sick
- Visitation program to selected nursing homes
- Food drives to support the local food banks
- Providing food & blankets for homeless